Project: “Silent Voices”
Grade: 5th, 8th, 11th
Content areas: Social Studies (American History), ELA (narrative reading and writing)
Enduring Understanding: There is value in understanding our history through the voices of many.
Final Product: 2 voice poetry, Art submission, narrative writing
Culminating Experience: Tribute night for community
Driving Question: How can we learn from different perspective in history to honor silenced voices today?
- History, ELA: Narrative Writing
- Diverse perspectives: Graphic organizer on Point of View
- Compare/Contrast: 2 voice poetry
- Current issues, perspectives: Research, survey results
- Art as expression: draft, critique
To see download the project overview for 5th grade click HERE